TLDR: Party applications are now open until Saturday, 4/30, at 11:59pm US Central time — but in order to reduce the amount of unmasking that happens during parties, we’re only permitting non-alcoholic beverages to be served at parties: no food, no booze.
As fun as room parties at conventions can be, what’s even more fun is an open party available to everyone. Starting at 9pm Friday-Sunday, WisCon offers parties hosted by WisCon members and open to every member of the convention. In past years, parties have included karaoke, a haiku-and-earring party, and piñata-smashing.
Party spaces must be requested in advance. Unfortunately, we are unable to entertain late party requests due to scheduling requirements.
Party reservations are prioritized due to a number of factors. We are particularly enthusiastic about parties with a history at WisCon as well as parties that are promoting other cons, SF groups, book & author promotional parties, and other events. Please note that there are a limited number of party room reservation slots available.
We’re counting on your creativity to host awesome parties even without the appeal of food. Maybe your party have will awesome music, fun games, or cool craft activities! How about a mocktail bar?
To submit your party request, please email email@example.com. Include in your request:
- Your name, email address, and a phone number where we would be able to reach you
- The names and email addresses of all other party hosts
- Name or title of your party
- Brief description of your party (just a sentence is fine)
- Scheduling preferences, as party schedules impact other programming, and it may not be possible to change dates once initial schedules are set.
- Any special equipment or room layout needs you have
If you’re considering requesting party space, please read the complete list of WisCon Party Rules. Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.