- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application: March 15
As fun as room parties at conventions can be, what’s even more fun is an open party available to everyone. Starting at 9pm Friday-Sunday, WisCon offers parties hosted by WisCon members and open to every member of the convention. In past years, parties have included karaoke, a haiku-and-earring party, and piñata-smashing.
Party spaces must be requested in advance using our party request page. Unfortunately, we are unable to entertain late party requests due to scheduling requirements.
Party reservations are prioritized due to a number of factors. We are particularly enthusiastic about parties with a history at WisCon as well as parties that are promoting other cons, SF groups, book & author promotional parties, and other events. Please note that there are a limited number of party room reservation slots available.
When you submit your request, please include any scheduling preferences for your party, as party schedules impact other programming, and it may not be possible to change dates once initial schedules are set.
A list of parties is generally announced by mid-April.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the email listed at the top of the page.
WisCon party rules
- Party hosts may not serve alcohol. If you wish to provide alcohol for your party, please contact us using the email address at the top of the page so we can discuss options with you directly. Please review our policy before considering including alcohol as part of your party plan.
- Party hosts provide any entertainment, food, or non-alcoholic beverages — WisCon only provides the space!
- Solicitation of donations for purchase of alcohol is not permitted.
- Glitter, confetti, and latex balloons are not allowed in official WisCon-provided party rooms. Please be mindful and considerate when using anything that would be difficult to clean up.
- Parties using WisCon-provided rooms MUST be open to anyone who is a registered member of WisCon.
- Party suites on the 6th Floor are available starting at 5:30pm for set up. We encourage all party hosts to be ready to open their doors by 9pm.
- Parties on the 2nd Floor might have later available times depending on panel schedules.
- Note: Submitting the form or sending an email will not guarantee a reservation. Letters will go out in March to everyone who submitted a request letting you know either that you have a party room confirmed or that despite our best attempts we were unable to find a space for your party.