- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WisCon 41 deadline for proposals: March 17, 2017
As fun as room parties at conventions can be, what’s even more fun is an open party available to everyone. Starting at 9pm Friday-Sunday, WisCon offers parties — hosted by WisCon members and open to every member of the convention. In past years, parties have included karaoke, a haiku-and-earring party, and piñata-smashing.
Party spaces must be requested in advance using our party request page. Parties must be requested by the deadline listed at the top of the page. Unfortunately, we will not be able to entertain late party requests as scheduling requirements are quite tight.
Party reservations are prioritized due to a number of factors. Annual parties with a history at WisCon get first priority. We are also enthusiastic about parties that are promoting other cons, SF groups, book or author promotional parties, or other events. Please note that there are a limited number of party room reservation slots available.
When you submit your request, please include any scheduling preferences for your party, as party schedules impact other programming, and it may not be possible to change dates once initial schedules are set.
A list of parties is generally announced by mid-April.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the email listed at the top of the page.
WisCon party rules
- WisCon changed its alcohol policies prior to WisCon 40. The new policies mean you MAY NOT serve alcohol yourselves in the party rooms. If you wish to provide alcohol for your party, please contact us by email at the email address at the top of the page so we can discuss options with you directly. Please review the policy before considering including alcohol as part of your party plan.
- Party hosts provide any entertainment, food, or beverages* you wish to have — WisCon only provides the space! [* Excluding alcoholic beverages, as per the alcohol policy.]
- Solicitation of donations for purchase of alcohol is not permitted.
- Glitter, confetti, and latex balloons are not allowed in official WisCon-provided party rooms. Please be mindful and considerate of using anything else that would be difficult for the Concourse’s housekeeping staff to clean.
- Parties using WisCon-provided rooms MUST be open to anyone who is a registered member of WisCon.
- Party suites on the 6th Floor are available starting at 5:30pm for set up. We encourage all party hosts to be ready to open their doors by 9pm.
- Parties on the 2nd Floor might have later available times depending on panel schedules.
- Note: Submitting the form or sending an email will not guarantee a reservation. Letters will go out in March to everyone who submitted a request letting you know either that you have a party room confirmed or that despite our best attempts we were unable to find a space for your party.