- contact: email@example.com
- Deadline for application: Saturday, 4/30, at 11:59pm US Central time
PARTY RULES CHANGE: Due to COVID-19, party hosts are not allowed to provide food or alcohol. Non-alcoholic beverages only, thanks! More info under “WisCon Party Rules,” below.
As fun as room parties at conventions can be, what’s even more fun is an open party available to everyone. Starting at 9pm Friday-Sunday, WisCon offers parties hosted by WisCon members and open to every member of the convention. In past years, parties have included karaoke, a haiku-and-earring party, and piñata-smashing.
Party spaces must be requested in advance. Unfortunately, we are unable to entertain late party requests due to scheduling requirements.
Party reservations are prioritized due to a number of factors. We are particularly enthusiastic about parties with a history at WisCon as well as parties that are promoting other cons, SF groups, book & author promotional parties, and other events. Please note that there are a limited number of party room reservation slots available.
We’re counting on your creativity to host awesome parties even without the appeal of food. Maybe your party have will awesome music, fun games, or cool craft activities! How about a mocktail bar?
To submit your party request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your party request, please email email@example.com. Include in your request:
- Your name, email address, and a phone number where we would be able to reach you
- The names and email addresses of all other party hosts
- Name or title of your party
- Brief description of your party (just a sentence is fine)
- Scheduling preferences, as party schedules impact other programming, and it may not be possible to change dates once initial schedules are set.
- Any special equipment or room layout needs you have
We’ll announce the official party line-up as soon as we can.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the email listed at the top of the page.
WisCon Party Rules
- New as of April 2022: Party hosts may not serve food, only non-alcoholic beverages. Since it’s hard to keep everyone masked when food (or booze) is being served, we’re asking party hosts to stick to non-alcoholic beverages only. As per our general masking policy, everyone is to remain masked at all times; masks can be lowered in between sips of beverages.
- Party hosts may not serve alcohol. Non-alcoholic drinks only, please.
- Party hosts provide any entertainment and non-alcoholic beverages — WisCon only provides the space!
- Solicitation of donations for purchase of alcohol is not permitted.
- Glitter, confetti, and latex balloons are not allowed in official WisCon-provided party rooms. Please be mindful and considerate when using anything that would be difficult to clean up.
- Parties using WisCon-provided rooms MUST be open to anyone who is a registered member of WisCon.
- Party suites on the 6th Floor are available starting at 5:30pm for set up. We encourage all party hosts to be ready to open their doors by 9pm.
- Parties on the 2nd Floor might have later available times depending on panel schedules.
- Note: Requesting to host a party by sending an email will not guarantee a reservation. Letters will go out in early May to everyone who submitted a request letting you know either that you have a party room confirmed or that despite our best attempts we were unable to find a space for your party.