Here’s a behind-the-scenes thing you may not know. Each year, the hotel staff and concom members sit down the Wednesday before the con starts and go over every detail of the convention to make sure we all provide you with the best possible experience. We go over the layout of every room for every function, the specialty drink menu from the bar… pretty much every interaction we have with the hotel and hotel staff.
The best part? There are snacks. What better incentive to volunteer your time?
Here are some notes from this year’s hotel meeting:
- For $10, you can get 20% off food and drink at CIRC (previously the Dayton Street Grill) and at the hotel bar. See the front desk to buy the card. (Starbucks, unfortunately, is not included in this deal.)
- On that delicious note, the hotel restaurant is now called CIRC and features an updated menu. (But the walleye is still there. YuM!)
- Pool hours have been extended! The pool is open from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. for the duration of the convention.
- As part of the beautiful remodel, the ATM that was previously on the first floor near the bar has been relocated to the second floor coat closet which is currently behind the Reg Desk. You are welcome to use it, especially if you plan to spend some of that cash in our Dealers’ Room or Art Show!
And speaking of the remodel, have you checked out the carpet in the lobby? I can see my house!
- And since they’ve just redone it from top to bottom, they’ve asked that we no longer tape posters anywhere on the first floor. Bulletin boards and pins are provided for your announcements.
- Trouble navigating the hotel’s parking ramp? Park in front of the hotel and check at the bell desk. A staff person will be happy to park your vehicle for you.
- Reservations for next year open Suday at 9 a.m. You can make them online, by telephone, or at the front desk. Check back tomorrow for more details!