Believe it or not, it’s time to start planning for WisCon 42! As always, WisCon will happen over the U.S.’s Memorial Day weekend — May 25-28. And we’ll again be at the beautiful Concourse Hotel in Madison, Wisconsin.
WisCon 42 Registration
Memberships are now available for WisCon 42! The news this year is that after holding off raising our membership rate for as long as we could, for 2017 we’re increasing the cost of our adult membership to $55. All other membership prices remain the same.
How to register
- Online: Log into (or create! it’s free!) your WisCon account at account.wiscon.net. You can pay immediately via PayPal, or you can choose to mail a check or to pay at the convention.
- In person: Stop by our Registration desk (2nd floor) and register in person.
- Adult (18+): $55
- Teen (ages 13-17): $20
- Youth (ages 7-12): $20
- Former WisCon Guests of Honor: Free
- Child Care (age 0-6) $1 per child. We need to know in advance how many children to expect, so if you plan to use WisCon’s childcare at all, you should register for it ahead of time! Please fill in the age of each child to be enrolled in childcare. Please read the childcare information page for full details.
The Dessert Salon
Our Dessert Salon is our fancy-ish Sunday night event, happening right before the Guest of Honor Speeches. There are decadent desserts created for us by the Concourse’s pastry chef and lots of conversation with all the friends you met during the weekend.
Because the Dessert Salon is intended to be a fancy-ish event the price reflects that. Money that we bring in from the salon not only covers the cost of the event but goes to support WisCon in many ways, including such things as our accessibility and affordability initiatives.
However! We also want everyone who wants to join us have the chance, and so Dessert Salon tickets are available on a sliding scale!
Our recommended cost is $25 per ticket. This is a little more than the base cost of the event to WisCon.
The sliding scale is $15-$50 — accommodating those who have a tight budget and those who may have some extra cash on hand and would like to support the salon and WisCon.
Concourse Hotel Reservations
Reservations at the Concourse Hotel open at 9am on Sunday. There are 3 ways to make your reservation this weekend:
- At the Concourse front desk. At 9am on Sunday there will be a reservation agent at the desk to assist you.
- Online using the Concourse’s reservation system.
- Calling the Concourse: 1-800-356-8293
The cutoff date to reserve a room in our discounted room block is April 26 (end of day — 11:59pm).