THAT’S RIGHT. IT’S BACK!
It’s time for the Second Annual WisCon Drabble Challenge! Last year, we opened the Drabble Challenge to all WisCon Members, and this year we’re starting a new collection! What the heck does this mean? How can you participate? I’m glad you asked!
In the fanfic world, the word “drabble” has at times been applied to a work of any length, provided it is very short. More traditionally, “drabble” is a term that designates a work of fanfiction that is precisely 100 words long. [See Fanlore: https://fanlore.org/wiki/Drabble ].
For the WisCon FanFic Drabble Challenge, we accept works that are 100-250 words long, from any fandom. (Though, the challenge would be to create a work that’s exactly 100 words long – bonus points toward your No Prize if you can manage this!) These will be collected and included in a collection on the Archive of Our Own.
Eligible works will be those that meet the following parameters:
- Fanfiction based in any fandom
- 100 – 250 words
- You may also have a title that’s up to 15 words long
- Written during WisCon weekend
- The challenge is open from Friday through close of con on Monday
Works can be submitted directly through AO3:
- You must use applicable, archive-available warnings and ratings; tagging is optional
- You can submit directly to the challenge here: https://archiveofourown.org/collections/WisCon42Drabbles
- Works will be added to the collection upon moderator approval
Works can also be submitted to moderator Jess Adams by email at email@example.com.
If submitting by email, be sure to include:
- Your name OR desired pseudonym
- A means of contact (email address, twitter handle, etc)
- Name of fandom work is under
- Ratings and relevant warnings (If necessary, the moderator will apply a rating/warning.)